10/11/11

Robert Jeffress - a Bigot?

“Man is by nature a political animal,” says Aristotle ...hehehe... and so as you can deduce from some of my postings, I do follow politics in America - and elsewhere - especially now with the 2012 US Presidential Elections already making the headlines.

This past weekend the campaigning got mean, nasty and bigoted. A Baptist pastor, Robert Jeffress, who is a Perry supporter, made incendiary and derisive comments about Mitt Romney as a candidate who is not a true Christian because he is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ [of Latter-day Saints] which some Baptists, Evangelicals and others consider a cult.  Though such malice and denigration are not new, I will still say: What preposterousness! What Imbecility! What arrogance! What ignorance! What intolerance! ...

I have followed this guy through his ensuing television interviews with his audacious and provocative comments. He even preached to his church on Sunday denouncing the LDS Church. There’s a lot to dislike about the guy. He talks out of both sides of his spit-filled mouth spewing rancor, hatred and intolerance. He says:
"I feel like I ought to use, personally, whatever influence I might have to try to elect a godly leader and place him in the White House,.... It is important for us to elect Christian leaders who embrace biblical principles."
 Then he equivocates here that

“...he hasn’t discussed those views with Mr. Perry. And he conceded that if Mr. Romney wins the nomination, "I’ll hold my nose and vote for Mitt Romney." "I believe a non-Christian who embraces Christian principles is more palatable than a Christian, and I’m accepting that Barack Obama is a Christian by his own statements, I would rather have a non-Christian who embraces Christian principles than a professing Christian [Obama] who governs by un-Biblical principles."
Whaaaat?  Hmmm....well you now have some idea of what this passtor Jeffress is like.  In the above quote he is mimicking one of his benefactors Martin Luther who made this similar comment: “I'd rather be ruled by a wise Turk than by a foolish Christian.”

This is the same pastor who called the Catholic Church a "counterfeit religion".

Anyhow, Mr. Jeffress, if it helps your ignorance and arrogance, or if it gives you some type of solace, let me say that Romney belongs to a “cult”, in the general and traditional sense of the word.  Yes, the cult of  this Man (click here)

O lea la lau afioga Mr. Jeffress (se ua ma’imau le faalagiga afioga) who are you to judge Mormons as non-Christians?  Huh?

And therefore (cue Who Wants to be a Millionaire) my final answer is “Yes, Robert Jeffress is a Bigot! ... a big big BIGOT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment