1/19/17

The Real End to the Conversation

LM wrote another response, this time directly to and against the Editor, with me as the third person. I responded again because of a flagrant slur in his letter, and I needed to call him out on it.

*********************************
Dear Editor,

Re: An ideal xenophobe bordering on being racist

A great response indeed!

It will be nice to follow the conversation right from the beginning to establish the truth and understand the full story.  I know my “fa’a Peretania” is terrible but at least I know the meaning of INJUSTICE.

I am fine for being called a xenophobe or racist because I am comfortable with what I’ve been writing to my friend LV and everything is on record.  LV is my lady friend and she’s a scholar from the Victorian era when all the history of the world was compiled in the form of ethnocentrism.

It’s basically “xenophobia and racism” when they refer to noble people living peacefully on their beautiful island as “savages”.  I have to be blunt with my lady friend because when it comes to the TRUTH you just can’t sugar coat anything.

So if she was brainwashed by the palagi in calling her forefathers “savages” then you have to pour cold water on her face to wake her up.  I know from all the facts on the internet that my forefathers were brilliant people with a brilliant culture so was I a racist or xeno - something to be blunt about the TRUTH?

So “xenophobe bordering on being racist” well it looks like LV is not the only one struggling with the TRUTH.  Just so that you should know Mr. Editor, someone that defend his country and the honour of his forefather is not a racist, he is simply called a ‘Patriot’. And that is the TRUTH in a nutshell.

Le Mafa P

******************************************
LV:
Se Le Mafa, e fai atu e tu’u ae fai lava? Silasila fo’i oe, o le tele o lou tautala so’o, ma e so’ona taumafai faamatafela e ta’usa’oina (justify) ou manatu, o le atili fo’i lena ona e lavea ma iloa ai lou faavalevalea.

The more you talk and try to assertively justify your position, the more you’re hurt and the more your incompetence and stupidity are exposed.

You say you’re not a racist, and yet your letter has racist/racism written all over it. You know it quite well and you do it intentionally; and yet you think others don’t [know your mendacity], especially those who mistakenly believe that I am a girl/woman.

So let me expound:

Referring to someone as a female, when he is not, or disparaging someone doing something in a feminine way, is the oldest chauvinistic bias in the book. Samoans are usually guilty of it.

For example, when playing a game that involves hitting a ball, you often hear a male say: “You hit like a girl.” (Se o le ka a le keige/fafige lau ka.) It’s a belittling tactic. Also, the sarcasm (reputed as a low form of wit) in “lady friend” just adds to your chauvinistic tendencies and character.

It’s especially worse when you’re not sure of someone’s gender (as in online forum exchanges) but still in a bodacious definitive way, assign and impose the female gender on that person - as in your letter. The tactic is bigoted, chauvinistic, misogynistic and ...RACIST!

So stop it. Everyone now knows you are a racist. And a xenophobe!

**********************

LM:
Re: I’m a patriot, not a racist

You are a “he” well let me say then that I’m truly sorry for not being able to read the signs properly. Believe me it was just a simple misunderstanding from my part and now I know that you’re a brother from another mother.

May I urge my brother to reconsider calling me a “racist and a xenophobe” because as far as I know, two bickering brothers shouldn’t be viewed as aggression or hostility against another race because we are brothers. Unless of course you are a half cast [sic] (afakasi) with 10% Samoan blood in you which makes you look 90% non-Samoan and if that’s the case, then I should apologise again for misreading the signs.

I love all races, females and all living things but I will refrain from hugging a tree so being labelled “chauvinistic and misogynistic” is quite painful to take.  And “bigotry” well (aisea e le eu muamua ai le fasi la’au i lou mata)

Yes I agree that this needs to stop, I think we are both guilty of going over the top/over board so this should not go on forever.  Nice conversing with you and PEACE OUT...

***************************
Postscript:
Notice how after he called me a "lady" and apologizes for it, but then he turns around and surmises that I am an afakasi (half caste) again in a derogatory way inferring that afakasi are not real Samoans.




No comments:

Post a Comment