11/1/18

I Finally Got Me a PE'A ...Hahaaaaa

...for Halloween πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘».....................Trick? or Treat?

Pe'a (Bats) are associated with Halloween. Pe'a also is the name given to the "full" body tattoo of the Samoan men. The reason for calling the men's tattoo a pe'a, according to the tufuga (tattooist) who tattooed my dad, is because the image/design of the pe'a (bat) is the central part of the entire tattoo. It is supposed to be located in the lower middle back - a small design. Some tufugas have rendered a modified image of the design as personal imprimatur.

In one of the previous blog posts on Samoan tattoos (pe'a and malu), I mentioned that Dearie thinks that a pe'a  would look really good and nice on me, and so coincidentally, a renowned Samoan tufuga is here in the US (true!!) and right here in our area and neighborhood at the moment performing and demonstrating his unique skills and art.  And so I said, hey, why not?  Let's do it! And so the rest, as they say, is history.  This Halloween I got me a pe'a.

  Soooo, yes, I'm now officially a soga'imiti (tattooed male) and a tulāfale (orator) ......







Triiiicky, aye?  ... but it's also a Treat ..for Dearie at least,.πŸ˜šπŸ˜„. πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘» 



No comments:

Post a Comment