6/4/10

To Blog or Not to Blog:

In mimicking Bill the Bard [of Avon], let me declare my once-held dilemma: “To blog, or not to blog, that has been the question”. Well, I have finally opted for the former - obviously!  Why blog? I deplore boredom and idleness. But I also like to spew my thoughts - convoluted and chaotic as they often are - from the lobes of my brain and deep recesses of my mind onto some computer or other gadget screen where I hope to find such thoughts become more orderly, palpable, organized and, most of all, intelligible.

Lord Byron once said: “If I don’t write to empty my mind, I go mad.” Now, besides such extreme, I also need to improve on my writing skills and I feel that the best way to hone them is to - ummm, you guessed it - WRITE!  Writing, for me, also represents freedom, therapy (I suffer from writer’s block from time to time. Isn’t that normal though?) and ambition, and a means of self expression.

Oh, and another reason for blogging - to beat Vegas odds in making some “you know what”. Cha-Ching?  No, not that...yeah rigghhttt!  Well, I will finally get to afford a ..... (I’ll let you know when I finally buy it, so stay tuned.)  If you keep clicking and coming back for more, the sooner I will be able to buy it, or them.  Ok, let me pull my tongue back from my cheek now.  Anyway, I hope you find in my malae an answer to your own WIIFM quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment